Because of the consequences of the greed of the rich and famous people whose challenge appears to be to see just how rich they can become, and sometimes some of the ways in which they go about becoming richer are not to the advantage of the general population, bankruptcies occur and bad things happen to good people. Greed feeding upon greed results in the situation the world economic system we have now. There are many people who risk losing their jobs as big corporations tumble and many have lost their jobs already. You may know someone who has already lost their job and you may be avoiding them now, not because you are cruel and inhumane but because you do not know what to say to the person and may even feel guilty because you still have your job. Here are six ways you can help your friend, co-worker, former colleague, family member deal with their loss:
1. Be available to your friend, invite him or her to call you whenever they feel like talking;
2. Take the initiate to invite him or her once in a while for coffee or a movie and don’t make a big deal of it and don’t be coy about this say to your friend this one’s on me, next time will be your turn;
3. Admit that you may not know what’s they’re going through but it must be difficult and let them know that you are there in case they need you;
4. Leave the giving of advice to the professionals what you need to do is to listen and when asked for an opinion you give an honest answer and if you don’t know say
so. People know when you are being genuine and when you are being phony.
5. Be a resource for them by passing on information about job leads, training opportunities and other resources that will increase your friend’s optimism and hope.
6. Be optimistic without being glib and simplistic. If your friend is in the dumps do go there with them
“The power of positive thoughts enables others to be free from their worries. When someone is going through difficult times there would be naturally worry and tension. At such times it becomes very natural for us too to come into tension. However, we don't seem to be able to help the other person in anyway when we have such thoughts. Instead we only add to the negative thoughts of that person. When we find someone who is having negative thoughts in a difficult situation, we need to remind ourselves that we are the only ones who can help them come back to his positivity. It is possible for us to do this only when our own thoughts are positive. When we train our mind in this way we will be able to maintain our own positivity which will enable the other person also to be rid of his worries.”